09 February 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns: Double Stamping with PUEEN

It's that time of the month again - I mean, time for the Digit-al Dozen week! This week we are taking on patterns in a BIG way, by having double patterns (so basically, a pattern over a pattern). So get ready to see five wild manicures in a row featuring a ton of patterns! I decided to make most of my manicures for this week Valentine's Day themed (well, Valentine's colors, at least!) so get ready for a lot of pink and red, too. Shall we take a look at the first mani of the week?


Double stamping seemed like the obvious first choice for Patterns on Patterns week! I started with a base of Essie I Pink I Can, and stamped over it with the new PUEEN Fireworks Festival stamping plate using Essie Good as Gold and Essie Haute in the Heat. I topped everything off with some matte top coat from Born Pretty Store.

I made a quick video tutorial here.


Honestly, I struggle a lot with stamping because it's so difficult to get the entire image to transfer to my nail, but the PUEEN Fireworks Festival plate was shockingly easy to use. It's actually one giant plate (18x24cm!) with a ton of different designs on it - you can view it here. I chose this abstract rosy design because it's so pretty, and I liked having a slightly different look on each nail (by using different parts of the rose design for each nail.)


I thought it would be nice to pair a metallic color with a creme for the stamping, and I love the way it turned out. The gold flowers have a more abstract feel to them, and they blend into the background nicely! Again, this isn't totally-in-your-face Valentine's Day themed, but the colors definitely fit - and who doesn't love getting flowers on the big day?!


Here are the polishes I used - the pink shades are available at HB Beauty Bar (make sure you use the code POLISHCHALLENGE for 15% off your entire order!), and you can find the gold on Amazon. The matte top coat is available from Born Pretty Store, and you can use the code RFL91 for 10% off your order.

The stamping plate is available from PUEEN for 18.99 USD and it's perfect for nails of any length (even small nails like mine!) I definitely suggest getting this if you have trouble with stamping, because the designs are etched in deep enough for an easy transfer, and you have such a variety of designs on just one plate.

Make sure you check out the other talented Digit-al Dozen ladies for their first day of Patterns on Patterns!


An InLinkz Link-up

PRODUCTS USED:
Base: Duri Rejuvacote, purchase here
Polish:
Essie Haute in the Heat, review here
Essie I Pink I Can, review here
Essie Good as Gold, purchase here
Top: KBShimmer Clearly on Top, purchase hereBorn Pretty Store Matte Top Coat, purchase here (use code RFL91 for 10% off your order!)

36 comments:

  1. That is really cute. I've been looking for some Valentines inspired nail art and I might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dalai Lama's NailsFebruary 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM

    ohhhh, double stamping. Brilliant! I need to learn how to stamp, for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect this achieved! I really should give double stamping a try now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a wonderful job with this one! The color palette really compliments the double stamping and "makes" this look for me - love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one! The gold works really well with the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! They are soft, feminine and psychedelic all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable; I wish I owned that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was my first try and I'm pretty pleased with it! I suggest trying it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm sure you can do it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see it if you do try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has a lovely, graphic quality ... I like the mix of colours and overlapping patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alrighty then. I will let you know when I post on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Girl and Her PolishFebruary 11, 2015 at 6:04 AM

    I love that rose image! Great choice and design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never mastered single stamping so this is a real feat for me - you nailed it. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are artistically edgy and feminine at the same time! I've been eyeing that Pueen plate ever since it launched and am pretty sure your mani signed the deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so feminine and lovely! Perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Completely love the finished look. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your color combos are always perfect and this is no exception. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hehe, I hope you do pick it up, there is such a nice variety of designs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Emily!! I am loving gold too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! Love that each image enhances the other and not competes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the colors together, so pretty! And I love double stamping as well ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.