08 December 2014

Holiday Nail Art Looks with Pretty Woman NYC Sequin Kit

Hi guys, hope you are all enjoying your Monday ;) Today I co-hosted a party on Twitter with polish brand Pretty Woman, and I got to create some fun holiday looks with their sequin nail art kit that I wanted to share with you!


This is the sequin container that comes in the kit, along with a brush for wiping off excess and a top coat to adhere the glitters. As you can see, this container is big enough to last me for a lifetime, but there isn't a huge variation in glitter colors (because the colors are all supposed to match each other nicely!) The instructions read to paint your nails with the top coat, then dip your nails into the glitter and brush off the excess, but I decided to have a bit of fun and do some simple glitter placement nail art to celebrate all the major holidays this season.


I know, I know - this isn't exactly a "holiday" manicure! But I wanted to try some plain old glitter placement first, and the colors just looked so pretty next to this pink creme, so I had to put them together! The base color here is LVX Peony (which I reviewed here), and then I placed the glitters with a toothpick in random spots. I ended up using my trusty Essie top coat to place the glitters onto my nails, since the Pretty Woman top coat that came with the kit dried a bit too quickly. Isn't this so cute?!


Here's my Christmas manicure, of course inspired by the beautiful Christmas trees that adorn people's houses during the holiday season. I just love the festive lights and colors - I especially love when people keep a color theme to their Christmas tree! I used Zoya Veruschka (reviewed here) on all my nails except for my detail nail, which has a base of KBShimmer Honeydew List. I painted the abstract tree using a small nail art brush and Zoya Veruschka - I did a similar nail art design last year, originally inspired by Mary Monkett, and I still love this design! Again, I used a toothpick and Essie top coat to place the random glitters as ornaments, and I topped it off with matte top coat.


Here is my Chanukah manicure, featuring the Star of David. I absolutely love the colors of Chanukah, so I picked my sparkliest blue polish, Zoya Nori (reviewed here) as a base for all of my nails except for my accent nail, which has a base of Essie Find Me An Oasis, a super light blue creme. I originally tried placing the glitters for the star without any guideline, and it ended up looking like a circle, haha! So for this attempt, I drew a guideline for myself using black acrylic paint, and then filled it with blue hex glitters from the sequin nail art kit. I did end up top coating Nori, even though it is a textured polish, because I thought the shiny finish would add to the look. I absolutely love the end result - I think I will end up wearing this same manicure for Chanukah!


And here is my Kwanzaa inspired manicure, using the colors of the famous kinara candles. I think this one turned out to be so chic! I used a base of Cirque Memento Mori on all of my nails except for my accent nail, which I painted half with Barielle Irish Eyes and half with NCLA Call My Agent. Once those were dry, I used striping tape to create a thin line of black in the middle of my nail. I picked out gold hex glitters and placed them on my other nails in the same method as the other manicures.

This glitter kit is available from Pretty Woman for $7.99 USD.

What do you think of my simple holiday nail art looks? Which holidays will you be celebrating this year? :)

Some products were provided by their manufacturer.

28 comments:

  1. Love an accent nail with all the bells and whistles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the nail art designs you did with the loose glitter here. Very fun and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink look, it reminds me of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love all of these manis! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with all of these! You're so clever and I love how simple and elegant these are, yet perfect for each holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your designs, so creative to include every holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even... your nail art is freaking stunning! That green mani with the tree... I am IN LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did some awesome manicures here! That glitter pot is so pretty too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe the range of looks you did with that one pot of glitter. My favourite by far is the abstract Xmas tree, I love the simplicity but also the way you painted that tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool you did various holidays :). I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your xmas tree- I might break out that polish to recreate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even just for a solid mani, I'm pretty sure that green is absolute perfection for the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much, Rei ;) I am glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much, Cat! As someone who celebrates Chanukah, I think it's refreshing to see people posting other holiday manicures during this season - even though I can't resist creating the classic Christmas manis too!! Hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much, Victoria! I really do love that simple, abstract style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Meghan! I am very pleased with how it turned out :) I think I got lucky that I chose a wonky hex glitter for the star glitter, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, I am so glad you like them Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much!! I might have to wear it on Christmas day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Victoria - manicuratorDecember 10, 2014 at 9:08 PM

    Yup, me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks a bundle, Lindsey :) I just like to see all the holidays represented during the winter!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.