09 September 2014

Renaissance Cosmetics Fall 2014 Shimmers: Swatches and Review

Hello guys! Today I've got a few new polishes from the amazing indie brand Renaissance Cosmetics. You may recall my slight obsession with their unique polishes and amazing formula - well, today is no different! I will be reviewing three shimmer polishes that were recently released as part of the ongoing Shimmer collection. And the creator of these fine polishes, Meghan (yes, that Meghan!) has generously offered a discount code to my followers. Read on to see it!


As I mentioned, these three polishes are shimmers, so they're packed with a ton of sparkle to add that extra little something to the color. And of course, in classic Renaissance style, the color combinations are so unique! I'm going to be sharing macro shots of these polishes too, because a regular photo just won't cut it for these beauties.

A note about the formulas - these polishes were slightly thick, but very easy to work with, and all feature a wide, flat brush for ease of application. All of these polishes dry to a slightly matte finish, which actually looks gorgeous, but I ended up topcoatting all of my swatches.

Let's take a closer look:


Three Sisters is a bright, almost pink-leaning red polish that's packed with a golden shimmer. This one is amazing - such a classic color, but with an exciting twist. I love how this polish shifts in different lighting - sometimes, it has a pinkish tint, and other times, it looks super red. Shown above is two coats with top coat.


Here is a closeup in the bottle and on the nail. Can you believe all that glorious shimmer?!


Portland is described as a muted chartreuse with a rose gold and aqua shimmer. Talk about unique! Normally, I don't find myself gravitating towards this shade of green, but the added level of shimmer brings another dimension to the polish. It definitely brings to mind grasses and trees. Shown above is two coats with top coat.


Here is a closeup in the bottle and on the nail. You can see how the two different shimmers come together to create such a fascinating color!


I just had to save my favorite for last. This absolutely stunning royal purple is called Kensington, and it features a bright copper shimmer. Can we obsess over this polish for just a minute?! I have never seen a color like this! The purple color itself is just perfect, and the added copper shimmer gives the polish such insane depth. I am in love! It also looks incredible without top coat - I wish I had gotten a photo of it with the slightly matte finish. Shown above is two coats and top coat.


Here is a closeup in the bottle and on the nail. Need I say more?! Just gorgeous.

Overall, it's pretty easy to see that I'm loving these colors. Renaissance is just one of those brands that understands how a polish should look and feel - probably in large part due to the fact that Meghan is a blogger herself!

All of these polishes are available at the Renaissance Cosmetics online shop for $9.50 USD each. And, Meghan was so generous to offer a 15% discount to my readers - just use the code nailpolishchallenge15 at checkout!

Don't forget to follow Renaissance on Facebook for news and special offers!

Which is your favorite?




These polishes were provided for my honest review.

3 comments:

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.