05 January 2015

NCLA This Party Never Ends Swatch + Nail Art

Happy Monday! I had a lot of fun over the weekend trying out some serious glitter placement - part of me is screaming "never again!" - with NCLA This Party Never Ends.


This glitter has a seriously awesome color combination. Before I start showing you the fun stuff, I have a simple swatch for those of you who aren't interested in spending an hour placing glitter on one nail, haha!


Here's NCLA This Party Never Ends over China Glaze Lotus Begin, with one coat of top coat. I really had trouble deciding what color to layer this beauty over, and I landed on a lavender because I think the colors compliment each other nicely. The formula of this glitter is very thick, but it's easy to apply normally, like any other polish. You might want to dab it on in a few spots to keep parts of your nail from looking bare. Anyway, now for the nail art:


Whew, this was a time consuming look! I started off by painting each of my nails a different color. from right to left: Color Club Factory Girl, Cirque Carpe Diem, Cirque Memento Mori, and I Scream Nails Bubblegum Bang. Then, I taped off triangles on my outer two nails and painted on Memento Mori and Factory Girl. On my detail nail, I carefully placed each glitter with a toothpick. I did the same on my middle finger, then covered another section with Memento Mori. I topped everything off with matte top coat.


I am honestly stunned by how much time that one nail took. I couldn't even imagine doing it to all of my nails! And I didn't even place them to perfectly align - I think that part comes with more practice (which I never want to do! Haha.)


Despite the difficulty, I think that one nail came out looking absolutely awesome and it makes me curious about trying it with different glitters (perhaps bigger glitters next time, so there is less work!)


Here are the polishes I used for this nail art look (yes, I mislabeled the first polish but I didn't save the file! Sorry!). This Party Never Ends is available from NCLA for $18 USD.

What do you think of glitter placement?

*Some products provided for my honest review.

PRODUCTS USED:
Base: Duri Rejuvacote
Polishes: China Glaze Lotus Begin, review here; NCLA This Party Never Ends, $18 USD; Color Club Factory Girl, review here; I Scream Nails Bubblegum Bang, $14.95 AUD; Cirque Memento Mori & Cirque Carpe Diem, review here
Top: Seche ViteKBShimmer Clearly on TopOPI Matte Top Coat

14 comments:

  1. I love the color combo of that glitter polish! You're glitter placement came out great! Don't blame you for not wanting to do it again though! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your glitter placement with the nail art look awesome! I want to try doing glitter placement but the time is too much for me to handle. The result of them always look so good though. Really fun glitter that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got an amazing effect with these, oh the patience! It is a neat and unexpected color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors all together are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, thank you Sarah! It was annoying but worth it - that one nail looked so cool IRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Lisa! I agree, it is time consuming - that's why I only did one full nail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! You are too kind, seriously :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! There was definitely a lot of cursing involved, LOL. I also love the colors in this glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing! Great job! I'm intimidated to try glitter placement because it is so time consuming. I do agree, I don't think I could do more than an accent if I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Jenny! I can't imagine how people do full manicures with glitter, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love this! Beautiful, and great choices in color and placement. Fabulosity!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.