15 September 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2.0, Day 5: Black and White

Today is Day 5 of the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2.0, and that means black and white nail art. I decided to keep it simple with some yin yang nails, something I have never done before but always wanted to!


For this nail art look, I used all Nanacoco polishes from HB Beauty Bar. I started with a base of Nanacoco Snow White, and once that was dry, I took a small nail art brush and drew on the black "yin" with Nanacoco Love Black. Then, I used a dotting tool to create the large dots within the yin yang.


When I was creating this look, I actually read a bit into yin yangs, so I wouldn't get the order wrong (white over black, as opposed to black over white!) and I thought it was really interesting. The yin yang symbol represents how opposites are actually complementary, and that one extreme cannot exist without the other (for example, good cannot exist without bad.) It's quite beautiful, if you think about it! I won't bore you with the details, but you can read more here.


Here are the polishes I used for this manicure. As I mentioned, I got both of these from HB Beauty Bar. Nanacoco is a great brand, and at $3 USD per polish, they're ridiculously cheap! You can get these and more for 15% off with the code POLISHCHALLENGE.

Make sure you check out Lindsey and Meghan's manicures for Day 5 as well! What do you think of this manicure?




These polishes were provided for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Really cute, and so effective! It's such a traditional symbol that everyone recognizes yet you never ever see it in nail art :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.