10 December 2013

31DNAC Day 27: Inspired by Artwork

Today's post is going to be a bit different than usual, guys! Since I started this challenge, I was nervous about doing a manicure inspired by artwork. I feel like everyone does manicures inspired by Pollock or Mondrian, and I didn't want to do something that's been done before. I needed to do something original!


Backstory: I live in an apartment which used to belong to my brother, and a lot of his stuff is still around. I found a little painting in his (now my) room last night and I was intrigued - I gave him a call to ask about it, and he told me it was painted by his beautiful fiancée! So I knew I just had to use it as my inspiration for this day of the challenge. Here was my version of this artwork:


I used a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and then took acrylic paints that matched the painting and dabbed them onto my nail with a small brush.


I had so much fun photographing this manicure! It was totally new for me to be taking photos with a colorful background instead of plain white. Makes me want to buy some pattern paper for the background of my photos - what do you think? Too distracting, or eye catching?


Be sure to check out my previous challenge manicures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.