12 July 2013

Getting Naughty Nautical with Chevron Nail Art!

Today's nail art features a couple of colors from the Essie Summer 2013 Naughty Nautical collection. These two colors were actually part of my birthday present from my lovely boyfriend ;)


I decided to practice more chevrons with my new chevron scissors! I used a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff, and topped it with Essie Sunday Funday and Essie Rock the Boat. I used Julep Matte Top Coat to mattify the manicure.


Both of the Essie colors are easy to apply, and both have a silver shimmer that is more prominent in the bottle than on the nail.

 I think that Sunday Funday is slightly more orange than my photos show, but it definitely darkened when I put the matte coat on! Rock the Boat is similiar to Essie Bikini So Teeny, but Rock the Boat is lighter and I think the silver shimmer is more pronounced. Let me know if you want a comparison photo!

2 comments:

  1. That's cute. I have a tee shirt that is striped red and white like that chevron pattern. I had forgotten about it but your mani reminded me. I love chevrons. I have those craft scissors but I have trouble getting the tape to cut. It wants to fold. I tried both transparent scotch brand tape and the blue painter's tape. They don't have enough body and bend easier than cutting or don't give me a clean precise edge. Is there a trick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this look. I especially love the colors you chose. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.