14 August 2012

Liebster Blog Award!

Hey everyone -

I am so pleased to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award, which celebrates bloggers with less than 200 followers. I was going to hold off on making this post, but I was nominated not one but THREE times by adore-a-polish, polish my mind, and laqueerisa (thank you so much, I feel loved!) so I figured I should just go ahead and post! It is long so I figured I should break it up, but check out after the jump if you would like to see!




The rules are as follows:


1) The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
2) The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
3) The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
4) These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
5) They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)


So, I have three sets of questions to answer: (let's see if we can consolidate them!)

(from adore-a-polish)
1. What sparked your interest in blogging?
One day I was bored on my computer and I looked up "things to do when you're bored" (or something like that) and one option was to water marble your nails. I immediately went out and bought four new OPI colors to play with, and it was history from there.
2. What nail polish trend are you loving right now?
Not sure if it is a "trend" but I love dotticures.
3. What trend does everyone love, but you despise?
The whole fish egg manicure is such a pain in the ass! But I admit I have done it before.
4. If you could spend a month anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Last year, my cousin got married in Naples, Florida at a Ritz-Carlton and it was the most beautiful place I have ever been. I would love to go there for a month.
5. On an average day out (shopping or out for lunch), what is your shoe style of choice?
Flip flops. Always, unless it is snowing.
6. What is one piece of jewelry that you can't leave the house without?
To be perfectly honest, I rarely wear jewelry.
7. Why did you start a blog? I.e. what inspired you to create one?
I wanted other people to be inspired by my nails just like how I was inspired by blogs I had seen!
8. What is your guilty pleasure food item?
I could eat french fries all day.
9. What is the handbag of your dreams?
I only carry coach purses because they are adorable and affordable.
10. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
Oh I have so many pets but it would take too long to list!
11. What is your go to beauty beauty product?
Beauty beauty! Haha. I love using Clinique lotions. I use them as a moisturizer, to clean up makeup, and as foundation.


(from polish my mind)
1. What would you do, if you won a million dollars?
I know it sounds cheesy, but I would have to give it to my parents. They have done so much for me! (And maybe they would give me a couple hundred for nail polish)
2. Any of your dreams came true? If so, which one?
I never thought I would be as successful as I am now. I got to work at MTV which was always a dream, I am going to a wonderful college, and I have a great life.
3. Fav. polish?
It changes by season but this summer my go-to polish has been Essie Bikini so Teeny.
4. Brand of nail polish that you never tried.
I have never tried Cult Nails but I want to so badly!
5. If you could pick one nail design that you cant do right now and then magically master it, which one would that be?
Gradients! If I could do them like the Nailasaurus does, I would be so happy.
6. Longest you spent on a single design/mani?
I have never timed it, but I definitely have spent over an hour working on a manicure.
7. Since when are you into "nail art/blogging"?
See my answer from number 1 above!
8. Fav. book/movie?
Difficult question - I am a film major and people ask me all the time what movies I love. I really liked Memento.
9. How often do you paint your nails?
Every day.
10. Does your family or friends encourage you or laugh at your nail passion?
They encourage me but my parents get annoyed when I am home and the house smells constantly of polish!
11. What do you love most about nail bloggers community?
I love that everyone is so positive and encouraging.


(from laqueerisa)
1) When and why did you start blogging?
I started last September on tumblr.
2) How many bottles of polish do you own?
Over 100, but I haven't counted in a while!
3) What color do you have the most of in your collection?
I tend to buy blue polishes over any other color.
4) What is your first memory of nail polish?
I remember the first time I painted my nails. I showed my mom and she was like "Good job! Now try to paint them without getting it on your cuticles!"
5) What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
They are surprisingly supportive.
6) What are your hobbies other than blogging?
I love reading and watching movies.
7) What's your favorite nail polish color?
Blue!
8) What would be your dream polish?
A nail polish that represented my favorite characters from TV shows, like Avatar (don't laugh!) or True Blood.
9) What is something you love, but everyone else hates?
I love cream polishes over any other finish and I think most bloggers do also. But my friends think they look boring!
10) What trends do you love?
Striping tape in any manicure looks lovely.
11) What trends do you hate?
Answered this ;)

Oh, 11 fun facts about me:

1. I am writing a book. We'll see if that gets anywhere!
2. I am a film major but I love graphic design.
3. I dye my hair a different color every season, pretty much. Nothing too unusual, just different shades of brown.
4. I am EXTREMELY pale and some nail polish colors (and clothing colors) just look awful on me.
5. Sometimes I have conversations with my friends and boyfriend entirely in meows. Yes, we meow at each other.
6. I have had a ridiculous amount of retail jobs - I have worked at PacSun, Zumiez, Hollister, Mandee.. the list goes on.
7. I worked at MTV this summer and it was awesome. I got to go to the heart of Times Square every day.
8. I love chocolate of every kind. Like most human females.
9. I can eat sour cream with anything.
10. I didn't own a credit card until I turned 21.
11. Now I buy a ridiculous amount of nail polish related things online.

Unfortunately, it seems like most bloggers I love already own this award, but I am going to keep an eye out and update this with a list as soon as possible!

Thanks for reading and thanks for the nominations ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.