29 September 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2.0, Day 9: Stripes

Hi guys! Wow, we are already almost a third finished with the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2.0, and I'm pleasantly surprised. Last year doing the challenge, I was feeling overwhelmed even though I only participated twice a week. This year, I'm pretty confident in my timing, and I think although I am doing mostly simple work, I am coming out with some of my favorite manicures already. I can't wait to see what else this challenge has in store for me. Anyway, today is stripes, so I decided to go with some of my new Essie Fall 2014 polishes (which as you all know, I am pretty obsessed with).


To achieve this look, I started with Essie Find Me an Oasis, which is a super light, almost-white blue. Then, I used nail vinyl decals from KBShimmer to tape off lines, and paint on Essie Fall in Line and Essie The Perfect Cover Up. Then, I peeled off the tape, fixed up the edges with a striper brush, and topped everything with top coat.


I'm a little disappointed with the rough lines here, and I think it would have ended up being neater if I just used striping tape. For whatever reason, I struggle a lot with nail vinyl decals. They just don't work that well for me! Does anyone have any tips?


Even though the lines are choppy, I do love the colors I chose for this manicure and I love the cool toned scheme. It feels very fall appropriate!


Here are all the polishes I used. They are all from HB Beauty Bar - you can use the code POLISHCHALLENGE for 15% off your entire order from them.

What do you think of today's challenge manicure? Don't forget to check out the InLinkz below to see what Meghan and Lindsey come up with!




4 comments:

  1. Have you tried http://nailvinyls.com/
    Linda's products are great! I haven't had any issues with her vinyls, and I'm a relative newbie to nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors on these stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.