16 June 2014

KBShimmer Summer 2014 Collection Part 1: Glitters & Creams

Yes, you read that right - KBShimmer is coming out with a second Summer 2014 collection! This "late summer" collection consists of twelve polishes in varying finishes, including four glitter toppers, five crellies, two creams, and one holographic polish. (You can see the "early summer" collection reviewed here: the textures, the creams, and the holos.) Well, this second summer collection has a totally different feel than the first - the polishes are in classic KBShimmer style, with great color and glitter combinations.


See, you can already tell this collection has a different feel from the early summer polishes! I'm loving these color combinations in today's post, in which I will be showing you the glitter toppers and the creams. Let's look at them individually, starting with the glitters:


Happily Ever Aster is a gorgeous clear glitter topper consisting of lavender, soft pink, turquoise, white, and silver holographic glitters in various sizes. Lately, I've been obsessed with pairing pastels with gray, so layering it over KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise seemed like a perfect fit - and I was right! I love this look. As with all the glitters in this collection, this glitter was pretty heavy, and although it didn't require fishing, it's easier to dab on than to paint like a regular polish. Shown above is one dabbed coat over My Life's Porpoise, and two layers of KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat (to smooth out the glitters!).


Scribble Me This is an awesome clear glitter topper consisting of hot pink, lime green, aqua, purple, and black matte glitters in crazy shapes, including triangles, stars, and circles. This is the first polish I've tried with triangle glitters, and I think they're going to be the next big thing - what a cool addition to this polish! I love the color combination, and when I heard that this topper was inspired by graffiti, I just knew I had to layer it over a clean, white base for extra pop! (I did notice that the base of this glitter topper was just slightly yellow tinged, though - I'm not sure if it was bleeding from the glitter, or if it was intentional.) Again, this polish is super glitter heavy and it's better to dab this polish on. Shown above is one dabbed coat over OPI Alpine Snow and two layers of KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.


Red, White & Blue-tiful is a limited edition clear glitter topper filled with red, blue, and silver holographic stars and mini glitters, as well as holographic microglitter throughout. This is an awesome patriotic polish for the 4th of July! I'm surprised to say that these glitters didn't sink to the bottom, and the stars were actually pretty easy to fish out. I found that the best method for applying this glitter was to paint a thin base with the holographic microglitter, and then dab on the mini stars. Shown above is two coats over KBShimmer Eclipse, and two layers of KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.


Sweet Wave is a clear glitter topper filled with yellow, coral, aqua, periwinkle, and white hex satin glitters in various sizes. Again, this is a flawless color combination! It looks like delicious summer candies or italian ice. This is definitely a favorite in this collection. Same formula as the others - glitter heavy, and it can be dabbed on for the full effect. Shown above is one dabbed coat over KBShimmer A Touch of Glass, and two layers of KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.

Onto the creams:


Radiant Orchid is a dusty medium fuchsia cream with a flawless formula. I hope that KBShimmer comes out with a cream in every color, because I'm obsessed with them! This color is perfectly opaque in two coats, and has a glossy shine even without top coat (but I added top coat for my swatch, for consistency.) Shown above is two easy coats with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.


And last but definitely not least is You're So Shellfish, a bold, almost-neon peachy orange cream. This color is definitely bright, and it looks incredible on the nails! (I think it'll be the perfect pedicure color for a beach day.) Again, the formula was just perfect - not chalky or thick like usual neon polishes. Shown above is two easy coats with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.

Overall, I'm loving the first half of this summer collection! It's super summery and playful, and I can see myself wearing every single one of these colors this season. I honestly can't pick favorites - I love them all! These polishes will be available on June 20 and will be $7.50 USD each for the creams and $8.75 USD each for the glitter toppers. Don't forget to follow KBShimmer on Facebook and Instagram for news and updates.

And of course, you can find my Instagram page here, where I will also be posting all of my swatches.

Which colors are you most excited about? Stay tuned for the second half of this collection!


These products were provided for my honest review.

6 comments:

  1. These are so nice! I love a good creme and glitters are so fun to layer over colors too. I can't wait to see the rest of the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, these are all such pretty colors. I think the first one is my favorite though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!! I love how you paired the glitters. I did the Same with Scribble Me This!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I didn't think I needed another orchid shade.... Gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!! Those glitters are soooo pretty. Love the colors. They are perfect for any base color. A must have indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happily Ever Aster is so so pretty layered over that grey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.