27 March 2014

China Glaze City Flourish Ikat Nail Art

So I've been planning on doing some fun Easter themed manicures with some of the new spring polishes I've swatched recently, but as soon as the China Glaze City Flourish Spring 2014 collection from HB Beauty Bar arrived in the mail, I just knew I had to play with them! I decided to do an ikat pattern, which I haven't done in over a year:


I started with a base of China Glaze At Vase Value, a creamy light blue. Then, I freehanded the ikat pattern with black and white polishes, and of course China Glaze Grass is Lime Greener for the accent color! Then, I smoothed out the whole design with top coat. (I used this tutorial for the ikat design.)


I am so glad I decided to play with my new polishes - I am in LOVE with this color combination, and the ikat design is pretty refreshing, since I haven't done it in so long. Don't worry, I will be posting swatches of this entire collection soon - it's full of bright, exciting colors just like the two I used for today's manicure.

Don't forget to use the code POLISHCHALLENGE at HB Beauty Bar for 15% off your entire order (you can get the whole collection there, as well as other great nail polish brands!)

What do you think of this nail art design?


Some products in this post were provided for my honest review.

8 comments:

  1. I love this design <3 Match of colours is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! These colors go together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out amazing! I like the colors you used here too. I have never tried an Ikat print before but I really should :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! I love the colour combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design and the colors are super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love it so much! Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.