28 March 2014

Neon Gradient Dotticure with China Glaze City Flourish Collection

Ah, the woes of trying to capture a neon nail polish on camera. Is there anything more difficult? (Spoiler alert - there isn't!) I decided to make a fun pink, orange, and yellow neon dotticure with my new China Glaze City Flourish collection from HB Beauty Bar. And let me tell you - the manicure looks awesome! However, my camera totally freaked out when I tried to take photos, making the bright neon colors look more like pale boring colors. Well, no sense in letting a good manicure go unnoticed, right? So I tried to color correct it as much as I could, and here is the result:


I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow and dotted on China Glaze Peonies & Park Ave, Thistle Do Nicely, and Metro Pollen-tin. The pink is showing up very fuchsia in the photo above, but it's pretty hot pink/orange in real life - as far as the rest, I did the best I could to make it look color correct! (Weird tip: I find that this photo looks totally color accurate when I have my laptop screen tilted all the way back. Try it!) I don't even want to imagine how difficult it's going to be to take photos of the swatches for these polishes!!

Anyway, you'll just have to take my word on it that these polishes are eye searing and totally hot! I love this dotticure look. You can get these polishes and more for 15% off at HB Beauty Bar with the discount code POLISHCHALLENGE. Does anyone have any tips on how to accurately capture neon nail polish? I would love some advice!

Some polishes in this post were provided for my honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I did a neon gradient a while back and loved the outcome of it. Yours looks amazing! Its perfect for Spring/Summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome design =) i am in love with the new colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much..........................

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.