24 January 2014

KBShimmer 5th Anniversary Duo Swatches and Review

Hi guys, today I have some more KBShimmer polishes to show you. KBShimmer released this "5th Anniversary Duo" late this summer to celebrate - you got it - five years in the business! This duo consists of one matte finish polish and one glitter topper. Let's take a look!


The Grape Beyond is a dusty purple polish with a blue shimmer and a matte finish. I have been in love with this polish ever since its release, and I am so glad to finally have my hands on it! And I'm pleased to say that it exceeds expectations - this is two coats over KBShimmer Basic Training base coat, and it was insanely easy to apply. Honestly, I usually have a bit of trouble with matte polishes - they usually end up looking streaky, and I always end up putting on a glossy top coat and then a matte top coat over that to make them smooth. But this one was totally perfect, and required no smoothing over with top coat.


Would Jubilee It? is a glitter topper packed with hot pink, blue, turquoise and silver glitters in various sizes and shapes, including circle glitters and mini bar glitters. This topper is so festive and pairs beautifully over The Grape Beyond - shown above is two coats over The Grape Beyond and KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat. I could have done one dabbed coat for this topper, but I chose to layer two thin coats instead.

Both of these polishes are available on the KBShimmer website here for $8.75 USD per bottle, and be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram for news and updates.

And of course, you can find my Instagram page here, where I will also be posting all of my swatches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.