25 January 2014

HB Beauty Bar OPI Gwen Stefani Collection Swatches

Hi guys! Today I have a review from HB Beauty Bar to show you all - the new OPI Gwen Stefani collection! This collection consists of seven bold and fun shades of varying texture, including one chrome finish polish, and one special edition boxed polish with Swarovski studs and nail glue. I am really in love with this collection, and I can see myself wearing every single one of these polishes. (Don't forget to scroll to the bottom of the post to see how to get 10% off your HB Beauty Bar order!)

So let's get started:


First is Love.Angel.Music.Baby., a gold shimmer with a satin finish. This polish is so beautiful! Just two easy, self leveling coats achieved full opacity shown in the photo above.


Hey Baby is a classic hot pink creme polish. It took me four thin coats to reach opacity for this polish, but I think that with careful application, it could easily be opaque in two coats. I didn't even use top coat - and look at that beautiful glossy shine!


Over & Over A-Gwen is a special edition boxed polish that comes with a set of Swarovski studs and nail glue, and even a little packet with manicure ideas! (I will be doing some nail art inspired by these looks soon!) This color is a beautiful glossy classic red - again, no top coat necessary here! - that was opaque in three thin coats.


I Sing In Color is a dark vampy brown creme with a jelly-like consistency. I love the jelly-ness of this polish! It looked so beautiful and glossy in the light. (I'm sure you're tired of hearing it, but no top coat for this polish either!) Shown above is three thin coats.


4 in the Morning is another satin finish polish, this time in black with a dark silver shimmer. This has to be one of my favorites in the collection - it is gorgeous! Application was a bit trickier with this polish, since it dried so quickly. It's best to apply this polish in as few brush strokes as possible to avoid streakiness.


In True Stefani Fashion is a holographic glitter topper packed with silver microglitter, small holographic hexes, and medium square holographic hexes. I imagine this is a gorgeous polish to layer over silver, but I love it over dark colors as well! Shown above is one coat over OPI 4 in the Morning.


And last but definitely not least is Push and Shove, a really unique silver polish with a chrome finish. I have never seen any polish like this, and my photos do not do it justice! It looked like a mirror on my nails - stunning! I applied two thin coats over OPI Lay Down That Base base coat, which comes with Push and Shove and is supposed to show off the chrome effect better. Remember, do not put top coat over this! It will ruin the effect.


Here is another photo of Push and Shove. Isn't it just magical?

All of these polishes are available from HB Beauty Bar for $9 USD each (even the chrome polish with the free base coat!), with the exception of Over & Over A-Gwen, which comes with the Swarovski studs and retails for $14.95 USD. And don't forget, you can get 10% off your entire order with the code POLISHCHALLENGE10!


Which of these polishes are your favorite?


These products were provided for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Your swatches are the best I've seen from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely ADORE how these shades look on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.