09 August 2014

Glam Polish "You're Never Too Old To Be Young" Swatches

Hey everyone, today I'm previewing some new colors from Aussie brand Glam Polish - I've got five polishes from their upcoming "You're Never Too Old To Be Young" collection, which consists of twelve colors inspired by Disney songs!


Here are the colors I received: two holos, one glitter topper, and two gorgeous white crellies! As with my last experience with Glam Polish, the colors were fabulous and the formula was incredible. I actually wasn't a huge Disney kid, and I haven't seen most of the movies that these polishes were inspired by, but I still appreciate the polishes and the names are pretty cute! Let's look at them individually:


First up, we have Topsy Turvy, inspired by The Hunchback of Notre Dame, which is described as an orchid holo with tiny purple and blue flakies. In sunlight, the linear holo really shows through - but in artificial light, it's all about those stunning flakies! (Which is what you can see in the photo.) I loved the mix of colors here, and the flakies added a really unique aspect to this polish. Shown above is three thin coats with top coat.


Next we've got Friend Like Me, inspired by Aladdin, which is described as a periwinkle holo with tiny purple and blue flakies. This color is just jaw dropping! In some light it looks blue, but in others, it looks purple. And again, the holo really shows through in sunlight. It was opaque in two coats, but I added a third for consistency, as well as top coat.


Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo is a clear glitter topper inspired by Cinderella (a movie I've actually seen!), and is packed with aqua, pink, plum, periwinkle and silver holo glitters, as well as star glitters. This glitter was super easy to apply and I applied it as I would any regular polish, no dabbing or fishing necessary. Shown above is only one coat, over Friend Like Me.


In Summer is a white glitter crelly inspired by Frozen (another movie I saw!) which features periwinkle, aqua, lavender, and orchid hex glitters. I have high expectations for white crellies, and this one definitely impressed me. The glitters showed through beautifully and the formula was super easy to work with. Shown above is three thin coats with top coat.


And last but certainly not least, we have Life's A Happy Song, inspired by The Muppets, a white crelly packed with aqua, teal, and silver holographic hex glitters. This one is just stunning on the nail! Again, perfect formula, and I didn't have to fish around for any of the larger glitters. Shown above is three thin coats and top coat.

I am so loving these colors! They'll be on preorder starting August 13th on the Glam Polish website, $9.95 USD for the glitters and $11.95 for the holos (and they ship to the USA!). My top picks are Friend Like MeBibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo, and Life's A Happy Song.

Which ones do you like best?


These polishes were provided for my honest review.

6 comments:

  1. These are very nice colors! I like them all a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle Louise LoveAugust 11, 2014 at 3:43 AM

    The last two polishes remind me of the colours and patterns you get on jawbreaker and gobstopper sweets, such pretty candy colours.

    www.michellelouiselove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her white crellies are perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.