13 December 2013

PolishMeToGo Nail Care Products Review

Hi guys, today I am reviewing some nail care products from PolishMeToGo, a popular indie brand known for their gorgeous glow in the dark polishes. Well, they have more than just polish up for sale - I have a bunch of great products to show off! This is a very text heavy post.


Here's all of the products - I received mini bottles for review, but you can get full sized products on the PMTG website. Let's get started!

Lemon Lime Cuticle Scrub - I tried this product a few times so far, and my hands feel amazing (and smell so good!). You massage it onto your hands and nails and push your cuticles with the cuticle pusher. Then, you rinse off the product and you are left with super soft, moisturized hands! When I rinsed off the scrub, I found that my hands felt a bit filmy, but once I wiped my hands dry, they just felt really soft and wonderful. This is perfect for using before taking nail art photos! And, your hands stay soft and moisturized even after a few washes.

Vanilla Cuticle Balm - This cuticle balm smells so good, but it is available in several different scents (the vanilla smells almost like a minty cupcake to me.) You massage it into your nails and cuticles for softer nail beds and strong nails. It's a great balm for sticking in your purse and using throughout the day.

Coconut Cuticle Oil - This cuticle oil is another product that comes in an array of scents, but I am loving the coconut scent. It reminds me of a pina colada! I find that, with all oils, this will keep your hands looking very shiny, but it is great to use before bed. Just apply to your cuticles and massage the oil in.

Shine Top Coat - Wow, this polish is definitely giving Seche Vite a run for its money. I found that by the time I was done with my pinky nail, my thumb was already dry enough to touch, and it set very quickly as well! No shrinkage on my manicures, and the shine is great. I will need to test this product with nail art before I can really decide to make the switch, though.


And lastly, we have the White Undie. This full coverage white is meant to be used under glow in the dark polishes (for keeping the color vibrant!) I used four coats to get complete opacity on its own, but the polish is thin enough that it didn't feel thick on the nails. I think this would be a perfect base for nail art. The formula was a bit patchy, and it reminded me of a glow in the dark / neon polish because it had a gritty matte finish, but top coat smoothed it out easily.

UPDATE!!: I just found out that this white base coat GLOWS IN THE DARK! This came as a total surprise to me, and I feel pretty silly for not noticing. It glows an aqua color - so cool!

All in all, these products are definitely great and I feel like my cuticles are improving from using them. My favorite of the products, if I had to pick one, is the vanilla cuticle balm. I just love the scent so much, and I keep it in my bag for everyday use. But I definitely recommend getting them all!

You can find PolishMeToGo products on their website, or follow them on Facebook for updates.


*These products were provided for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.