14 December 2013

Candy Cane Striped Nail Art

Hi guys! I have been enjoying the holiday manicures popping up around nail art blogs this year, so I decided to paint another one. I was inspired by candy canes, the iconic treat associated with Christmas!



I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as a base, and then used striping tape to tape off my nails. Then, I painted with China Glaze Merry Berry and peeled the tape off to get these candy cane stripes! It's definitely not perfect, and the red polish really stained my nail beds because I made such a mess with the striping tape, haha! Also, the design dragged a bit when I added top coat. I need to learn to be more patient.

It's times like this that I wish I had a sparkly green textured polish, because I think using that as a double accent would have made a great Christmas manicure. But, I also like having stripes on all my nails. This is a great, bold manicure to wear for the season.

What do you think of this manicure? What other manicures would you like to see before the end of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.