30 December 2013

New Year's Grungy French Manicure

With New Year's coming, I figured I should show you all some simple nail art you can wear for the special occasion! I love the idea of doing a funky French manicure, and I decided to take it one step further by using the brushstroke technique from this manicure, but only on my nail tips.


I went with a base of OPI Miss You-Niverse, which is a gorgeous dark eggplant creme that I reviewed here. Then, I took Essie Good As Gold and with just a tiny bit of polish on the brush, swiped it upwards from the tip of my nails. Doing this also left little flecks on the rest of the nail, which are barely visible in the photos but had a nice effect in the light.


This is a great, elegant style to wear, especially for New Year's! And, it's so easy to do. I can't wait to try this style with other color combinations.

What are your plans for the new year? Any resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.