26 December 2013

Mi Amor Swatches And Review

Hi guys! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday yesterday. I have some swatch spam from a new to me brand called Mi Amor Polish, a 3 free indie polish brand that features some gorgeous glitter toppers! I had so much fun pairing them with colors, and I loved the results. I have six polishes to show you today, so let's get started -


Under The Sea is a mix of green, yellow, and blue satin glitters in various shapes and sizes, including squares! This color is definitely one of my favorites from the bunch, because it's got some of my favorite colors in it! I think it paired really well with purple, too. It required no fishing or dabbing, but I would suggest storing all of these polishes upside down because the glitter does settle a bit. Shown above is one coat over OPI You're Such A Budapest - there is some bubbling in the photo above, but it was due to my Seche Vite, not the glitter topper! (Seche has been such a pain lately - does anyone have a new top coat recommendation for me?)


Galactic Sparkle is a holographic glitter topper with multi sized holographic hex glitters, and various matte black glitters as well. This was the only polish that gave me any trouble, because I didn't store it upside down for long enough - so I couldn't get enough glitter on the brush. However, I do think the effect of this glitter is pretty and I will definitely be using it as a glittery accent (using more coats, of course). Shown above is one coat over OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui.


Cosmic Rainbow is a rainbow topper with multicolored satin mini hex glitters, as well as larger matte black glitters. I love this glitter! It looks like sprinkles over the white base. Like the others, this polish should be stored upside down so that the brush can easily grab the glitters.


We all know how gorgeous black and white glitter polishes are, and Graffiti is no exception! This topper contains black and white matte microglitters, as well as larger hex glitters and squares, and even bar glitters! This is a must have for any black and white glitter fiend. Shown is one coat over ORLY Gumdrop.


Red Hot was a surprise favorite for me - this polish is the warm-toned sister to Under The Sea, filled with various red, orange, and yellow satin glitters. It wasn't until I paired this glitter with Essie Licorice that I realized how stunning it looks! I am obsessed with this combination, it reminds me of a fire at night! Shown above is one coat.


And last but not least, we have My Sunshine, another warm glitter. But this one is packed with metallic glitters in red, orange, and yellow, and even yellow holographic glitters! This polish truly sparkles in the light, and unfortunately I wasn't able to capture it in my photo. I paired two coats with Essie Sand Tropez.

Overall, I was impressed with these glitters! The color combinations are lovely and I'm happy to add them to my collection, especially since I have been so obsessed with glitter gradients lately. However, like I said, they definitely need to be stored upside down to get the glitter on the brush easily. My favorites are Under The Sea and Red Hot - which ones do you like best?

All of these polishes and many more are available on the Mi Amor Etsy page for $9.00 USD each, and you can follow them on Facebook for updates.



* These products were sent to me for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.