04 January 2014

More Wing Dust Collections Swatches and Review

Hi guys, I have a couple random polishes from the Canadian brand Wing Dust Collections to show you today! I believe these are from previous spring/summer collections, but they are great to wear for any time of year. Don't forget, you can use the code NPC20 at checkout for 20% off (!!) your order on their Etsy page.


First we have Deep Deep Trouble, a dark teal polish packed with tons of metallic hex glitter in red, silver, blue and black in various sizes. Shown above is three coats with top coat - but if you want the color to be more opaque, you can put one or two coats over a blue base color. As is usual with Wing Dust polishes, the formula was absolutely amazing and the glitters required zero fishing. However, I noticed that the sparse black hex glitters were slightly curled - but that evened out with top coat.


Here is a close up of my nail and the bottle. Isn't that shimmer just gorgeous?


Next we have Bonfire Under The Stars, a nude jelly with a pink duochrome shift and holographic shimmer, as well as holographic microglitters. I have definitely never seen anything like this polish! I did have to layer it over Essie Sand Tropez because the polish was so sheer - I tried to layer four coats on its own, but I still saw visible nail line (but some of you might enjoy that!) Again, the formula was great and this swatch didn't require any top coat!

**EDIT: I am laughing at myself for being so dense.. I was informed by the lovely creater of WingDust that this polish is indeed a glitter topper and will probably not reach full opacity! Sorry for that, guys ;)


You can see the holographic shimmer in this close up - it's the perfect topper for someone who has to wear muted colors for work, because it has such a subtle but exciting shimmer!

To find availability of these polishes, you can check Wing Dust's Facebook and Etsy store for updates. International buyers can get Wing Dust at Llarowe. Which polish is your favorite?


*These polishes were provided for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.