14 December 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge 2.0, Day 13: Geometric

See, I told you guys I wasn't giving up on the challenge! Today is Day 13 which means geometric nails - another daunting task for a blogger like me, who loves simple nail art! Luckily, I just got in the mail some incredible new nail vinyls from Vinyl Boutique, so I decided to use those for today's manicure:


To achieve this look, I started with a base of Cirque Carpe Diem on my middle two nails (yes, I am obsessed with this flawless white creme - and yes, I've been using it nonstop!), and painted on Essie Strut Your Stuff and Essie Sittin' Pretty on my outer two nails. I stuck on a nail vinyl on my two middle nails once the base color was dry, sponged on a gradient using the same two polishes, and peeled it off to reveal this awesome design! I topped everything off with matte top coat.


I absolutely love how crisp the lines turned out using these vinyls. I probably could have benefited from using another coat of the gradient before I peeled the vinyls off - the polishes I chose were so sheer! Even so, I love how they look and I think these two colors compliment each other perfectly.


I think it's safe to say that I am obsessed with combining soft purples with blues - but who isn't?! I especially love the color that formed where the gradient overlaps.


A bit about the nail vinyls - here is what the sheet looks like. Each nail vinyl sheet from the Vinyl Boutique ranges from $3-$6 USD, and contains ten "strips" for you to apply. But for many of you, you'll find that each strip is big enough for two nails! You don't have to peel off the inside cuts like I did above (I just did that for the photo!), if you start to peel off the vinyl, the inside cuts will stay on the sheet so you are just left with the design.

I found that these vinyls were super easy to use and they left crisp, neat lines. Some vinyls I have worked with require waiting a very long time for your base color to try (even waiting until the next day to apply the vinyls, to keep your polish from peeling up with them!) but these were relatively quick. I believe I waited about 20-30 minutes before using the strips, and they worked perfectly.

For anyone who is interested in learning more about this process, I made a short video on my Instagram page on how to use these vinyls.


Here are the polishes I used. The Cirque polish is available here, and the Essies are from HB Beauty Bar (get 15% off your order with the code POLISHCHALLENGE at checkout!)

The nail vinyls I used are available as a set of ten here for $6 USD.

What do you guys think of Day 13's manicure? Make sure you see what Lindsey and Meghan are up to today as well!





Some products provided for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. These are VERY beautiful. I think the sheerness of the polishes suited this manicure. I like that it's not SUPER opaque. Love this!! And it's my fav color scheme. I may have to copy this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is AMAZING! Love the gradient, love the colors, perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.