09 October 2014

Sweet Addictions Subscription Box: October Swatches and Review

I know I'm late with my challenge manicures this week, but I have a ton of stuff planned for the blog in the next coming weeks, so you'll have to be patient with me! Anyway, today I have a review for the latest Sweet Addictions subscription box from Cupcake Polish. This month's theme is all about breast cancer awareness, so of course all the polishes are pink!


The October box comes with three full sized bottles of nail polish, as well as an adorable handmade charm. All of the polishes are breast cancer themed to raise awareness, and the lovely creator of Cupcake Polish is donating $250 to the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation with a portion of the box proceeds! Let's take a look at these polishes:


Smitten Polish In October We Wear Pink is a beautiful hot neon pink polish packed with microglitter. This one was my favorite of the bunch because it was so sparkly! It dried to a slightly textured finish, but top coat easily evened it out. Shown above is two coats plus top coat.


Bear Polish Paws for Ta-Tas is a gorgeous cool toned neon pink linear holographic polish. This is another super pretty color, almost like a Barbie pink to me! And that cool purple tone makes it so unique. Shown above is two coats and top coat.


And finally, we have Cupcake Polish Fight Like a Girl, another cool toned holographic pink, this time with larger holographic microglitters scattered throughout. Although this color is beautiful, I found that the glitters made it a bit lumpy! It smoothed out with top coat, but you can still see a bit of that lumpiness in my photo above. Shown above is two careful coats with top coat.

As I mentioned, this set comes with a cute handmade charm:


Isn't this so cute?! When I found out that this was contributed by the creator of Cupcake Polish's mom, I thought it would be perfect to give this to my mom as a little charm for her keychain!

Overall, I am really liking this box, and I am glad that some proceeds are going to a great cause. If you're wondering why I am reviewing this so late in the month - it's because this box sold out almost immediately! But no worries, it is being restocked for October 15th. You'll be able to purchase it here for $30 USD.

Which polish in this set is your favorite?


Products provided for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Cute colors in this box. Very girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little holographic sparkles in Paws for Ta-Tas really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.