28 July 2014

Essie Haute in the Heat Swatches and Review

Hi all, today I've got swatches of the Essie Haute in the Heat Collection from HB Beauty Bar! It's actually supposed to be a summer collection, but I find that all of these colors scream autumn to me.


This collection consists of six creams in a variety of colors (that are totally appropriate for autumn, haha!) Let's look at them individually:


Urban Jungle is a creamy light beige, almost white, with full coverage. This color is just gorgeous and it's got slightly pink undertones, so it matches my skin great! It'd be perfect for nail art, too (in fact, you might remember my Essie striped manicure using this color as a base.) Shown above is three thin coats with top coat.


Would you believe me if I told you this is the first brown polish I've ever owned? Fierce, No Fear is a gorgeous creamy chocolatey brown color, and yes, it is my first! This color definitely reminds me of chocolate, and I'm stunned at how awesome it looks - I never figured that I could rock brown on my nails, but I'm sold! Shown above is three coats with top coat, but it's fully opaque in two (my lightbox isn't very forgiving, so I added a third!)


Next up we have Roarrrrange, a super bright orange cream with a slightly jelly-like feel. (See, aren't these colors very fall-like so far?) Despite the slightly obnoxious name, I think this polish is gorgeous! I could definitely see some nail art with this one. Shown above is three coats and top coat.


Haute in the Heat is a red-leaning pink cream - I found the bottle for this one to be misleading, because it looked pink in the bottle but distinctly red on my nails. Even so, I think it's gorgeous and classic. Shown above is two coats with top coat.


Ruffles & Feathers is a cool toned, slightly dusty green cream. Another beauty! I absolutely love the cool undertones of this polish, and I love how bold it is. Shown above is two coats plus top coat.


Last, but definitely not least, is Strut Your Stuff, a gorgeous sky blue polish. This bright beauty is admittedly totally perfect for summer, and I love it! Shown above is three thin coats (again, this one could have been opaque in two but I added a third) and top coat.

Overall, I love these colors! I found they all had the same formula - smooth, easy to apply, and exceptionally shiny, even without top coat. My top picks are Urban Jungle and Strut Your Stuff.

These polishes are available from HB Beauty Bar for $7.50 USD per bottle, or $44.44 USD for the entire collection. Don't forget to use the code POLISHCHALLENGE at checkout for 15% off your order!


Which colors do you like best?

These products were provided for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. This is a nice collection. The shades are fun and I like the color on them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These definitely seem more like fall colors than summer -- they're very pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite Essie collections :) I'm obsessed with Urban Jungle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Urban Jungle is my favorite. It looks fabulous on too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.