07 July 2014

Colors by Llarowe Summer 2014 Collection, Part 2: Holos and Glitters

Hi all, I'm back with part two of my Colors by Llarowe review - most of you will remember part one of my review here. Well, today I've got seven more colors to show off:


I've got five linear holographic polishes, one glitter crelly, and one glitter topper, all with a similar formula to the first polishes I reviewed - thick, but easy to apply. Let's look at them individually, starting with the holos:


My Own Private Island is a bright fuchsia polish with a strong linear holographic finish. This polish immediately caught my eye and I think it's a perfect summer color, because it's just radiant in the sunlight, but the color is also gorgeous indoors. Shown above is two coats, no top coat needed.


Next we have another perfect summer color. Refresh...ing! is a turquoise polish with a strong linear holographic shimmer. Again, this is a polish that is stunning outdoors, but has a pretty color on its own as well. And you all know how much I love to rock a blue polish by the pool! Shown above is two coats, no top coat needed.


Watch Me Fly, See Me Soar is a surprise favorite of this bunch, a pewter polish with a strong linear holographic shimmer. I think the dark color makes the holo stand out a little more, which I love. Shown above is two coats, no top coat needed.


Olivia is an olive polish with a strong linear holographic shimmer, another dark and stunning polish! I imagine this would look perfect for going out at night, because the color is subtle but edgy on its own, and beautiful with the holo! Shown above is two coats, no top coat needed.


Blonde Ambition is the last of the linear holographics I am reviewing, and it's definitely the strongest. This copper polish just sparkles with holo in even the slightest bit of light! I was worried that the color would blend in with my skin tone too much, but I think the holo shimmer fixes that easily. Shown is two coats, no top coat necessary.


I'm Seeing Spots is a black and white microglitter top coat that would look great over any color. It reminds me of the fuzz you see on a television when you have no reception, but I love it! I decided to pair it with KBShimmer My Life's Porpoise. Shown is one coat over gray, and top coat.


And finally we have Subtle Little Number, a milky white crelly filled with bright pink microglitters, as well as purple dots, light pink and yellow hexes, and even little lavender squares. I think I see some white hexes in there, too! This is definitely a very delicate and feminine polish, and I think it looks pretty elegant on the nails, but the glitters do require some fishing and placing. Shown above is three thin coats and top coat.

I am really enjoying these polishes for summer - the holographics are just perfect for sunny days! My favorites of this bunch are I'm Seeing Spots, My Own Private Island, and Watch Me Fly, See Me SoarYou can purchase these polishes for $10-$12 USD each (depending on the color) on the Llarowe online shop. Make sure you "like" them on Facebook for news and restock dates.

Which are your favorites so far?


These polishes were provided for my honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I just love CbLs! I think I need Watch Me Fly now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely great. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a great site.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.