05 March 2014

Winstonia Second Generation Stamping Set: Winter Nail Art

There's still technically snow on the ground where I live, so I'm going to go ahead and say this wintery manicure is totally seasonally appropriate! (And perfect for posting right after those awesome spring polishes, right?!) I recently got the second generation of Winstonia Stamping plates, so I had to try them out with my favorite image:


I started with a base of my favorite navy blue cream, OPI I Saw... We Saw... You Saw... Warsaw! and stamped plate W222 with Essie There's No Place Like Chrome. The design is a full image stamp that's reminiscent of a Christmas sweater, complete with little pixellated penguins! It's large enough to fit on longer nails - of course, mine are short, so the pattern was significantly bigger than my nails, but I love the effect of each nail being slightly different.


This is probably (definitely) going to be my last wintery manicure of the year, but I just couldn't resist those little penguins. As soon as I saw this set, I knew I wanted to stamp with it!

I was really impressed with Winstonia - this is my first experience using their stamping plates, and I found that they were etched really deep, perfect for picking up small details. I can't wait to try another design with this set!

The second generation set comes with 160 different nail designs (on 22 metal plates) and retails for $17.95 USD. You can follow the Winstonia Store on Facebook for news and updates.


Some products in this post were provided for my honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these stamping plates but the designs look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute stamping image! Its fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look super cute, perfect for this week's weather :) No Place Like Chrome looks like it stamps really well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.