02 March 2014

Rainbow Honey Swatches and HK Girl Glisten and Glow Top Coat Overview

Hi guys! Today I have a double whammy for you - some swatches of some popular polishes from Rainbow Honey, and an overview of the latest obsession, HK Girl Glisten and Glow Super Shiny, Fast Drying Top Coat. I have heard so many amazing things about this top coat, so I decided to put it to the test by pairing it with some chunky glitter polishes from Rainbow Honey. You'll find my opinion about the top coat at the bottom of this post! Let's get started with the polishes:


Let's start with this gorgeous unreleased glitter topper called Papillon. This polish is going to be part of Rainbow Honey's spring collection, I believe. It is packed with girly pink holographic glitters and irridescent purple glitters in a bunch of different sizes, and even some holographic butterfly glitters as well! I am not usually attracted to girly polishes, but this one really caught my eye. I loved this combo with a dark pink base as well. Shown is two coats of Papillon over Julep Evelyn.


Next we have XOXO, a glitter topper from the Sweet Talk collection. This polish features metallic pink glitters and a bunch of holographic shimmer that looks insanely pretty over any base color. I paired one coat over OPI 4 in the Morning for the photo above.


Magic Cake is probably one of Rainbow Honey's most famous glitter toppers, featuring bright neon pink, blue, and lime green matte glitters in various shapes and sizes in a silver glittery base. Despite having some large glitters, this polish didn't require any fishing or holding upside down to get the glitters out. I think the matte glitters are just so light that they stay suspended in the polish without worry! This is another glitter that looks stellar over any color, but I chose to pair two coats with China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle for the swatch above.


The Kraken is another super popular polish by Rainbow Honey. It's a bright ocean blue jelly packed with shimmer and some blue, green, and gold hex glitters in various sizes. Shown above is two coats on its own, but I tried this polish over other colors, and it looked awesome! I recommend painting one to two coats over a dark blue or green for a cool effect - it'll look like a totally different polish, too!


And finally we have Sweet Talk, another polish from the Sweet Talk collection (and it's namesake!) It's a creamy white crelly filled with purple, red, and mint glitters, with a gorgeous pink shimmer throughout. Shown above is two coats, but if you want a more opaque look, you can pair it over white.

So now that you've seen all the polishes, let's talk about the top coat. All of the polishes I showed you today are pretty glitter heavy, which usually means some lumpiness on the nail. I'm pleased to report that Glisten and Glow smoothed out my nails completely with just one coat! It is a thicker top coat, but not as thick as Seche Vite, and it dries just as quickly. And can you believe the shine?! I know why people love it so much! I will let you guys know how it fares once I'm about halfway through the polish - thats usually when Seche Vite starts to give me problems with shrinkage and thickness. So far, I can tell you I'm extremely impressed and I will definitely be reaching for this top coat before any other.

You can buy the Rainbow Honey polishes here for $10 USD per bottle, and stay updated with the Rainbow Honey Facebook page for new releases and information.

Glisten and Glow retails for $6.95 USD per bottle, which you can purchase here, and don't forget to follow their Facebook page as well for news and updates.





These products were provided for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. What great colors from Rainbow Honey. Great review so far on the top coat too. I've heard such great things on it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Welcome to the land of HK Girl lovin'. I can tell you from personal experience that it does not thicken anywhere near what SV does. It thickens a tad, like any polish does, but I haven't had to thin any of the HK Girl Top Coats. I'm so glad you like it! They deserve the whole nail universe knowing about the top coat!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches! These nail polish are all stunning! I cannot pick a favourite! Glisten and Glow seems like a great topcoat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can use this until the very last drop. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.