11 January 2014

31DNAC Day 30: Inspired by A Tutorial

I can't believe this is the second-last prompt for the challenge. Today's manicure is inspired by the Nailasaurus's famous waterfall manicure tutorial, and boy, it was way harder than I thought!


Alright, so my lines totally suck. I admit it! I have never really used a striper brush for nail art, and I had basically no control over it while I painted this manicure. But I think it's a good first attempt, and now I can look back and laugh at this post once I finally master the waterfall nail art! I used a base of Essie Sand Tropez and striped with the following colors, from darkest to lightest: ORLY Bus Stop Crimson, China Glaze Long Kiss, OPI All I Want For Christmas Is OPI, OPI Schnapps Out Of It!, and Nubar Gold Frost nail art pen.


So, even though this manicure is a total fail, I'm glad to say that as a whole, I have been improving as a nail artist during the challenge. I even look back at the first few days of the challenge and want to laugh at my nails!

What do you think of this fiery waterfall manicure? Should I try again?

Be sure to check out my previous challenge manicures here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.