20 December 2013

Christmas Holly Nail Art

Hi guys! Today I have some festive nail art for the holidays to show you! I love this time of year, because everyone is so generous and giving, so I have really been enjoying having festive manicures. Today's nail art is some freehand winter holly.


I started with a base color of China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around, which was released as a spring color this year, but I found myself picking it up and deciding that it would make a beautiful snowy background for a winter manicure. Once it was dry, I used a small nail art brush and painted on leaves with Zoya Suvi, a beautiful wintergreen. Then, with a dotting tool, I made little berries with China Glaze Long Kiss.


I love this combination of colors. They all have a beautiful shimmer, and together, they make my nails sparkle.



Here is a close up of the nail. You can see all the shimmer from the different polishes.


I think the most tedious part of this manicure was the leaves. They were not difficult to draw, but since Zoya Suvi is so sheer on the first coat, I had to go over the leaves several times to have them show up against the background.

I know I have gotten into the groove of posting only one photo per manicure, but today I decided to experiment and take a few photos to really show off the different aspects of this manicure. Which do you prefer - one photo, or several? Or is there somewhere in between? Let me know in the comments - I am constantly trying to improve my blog for you readers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.