09 November 2013

Wing Dust Collections Fall 2013 Swatches

Hey guys! Today I have a some polishes to show you from Wing Dust Collections, a Canadian indie brand with beautiful unique polishes that will make your jaw drop! They are packed with glitter and amazing color combinations, and I love them. These polishes are from the Fall 2013 collection, which will be available on November 18th.

A note about the formulas - even though these polishes were packed with glitter, they dried smoothly and easily on the nail. As far as indies go, some of the more glitter filled polishes can be difficult to apply, but application was easy for these swatches. The swatches below do not have top coat, except for the last one.

Let's start with my favorite polish - it's called Muskoka Sunset.


Did I not warn you about how beautiful these polishes are?! Muskoka Sunset is a bright purple crelly filled with bright pink, orange, periwinkle and lavender glitters that suspend perfectly in their base. This polish truly looks like a beautiful sunset, and it is so unique. Shown above is three coats, no fishing or dabbing required.


The circle glitters are the highlight of this polish, but there are also mini bar glitters and the slightest bit of a blue shimmer. I love how complicated this polish is!


Next we have Honest Puck, a bright green crelly with various shades of gold and green hex glitters. This formula was very similar to Muskoka Sunset, because the glitter was well suspended in the base and didn't require any shaking before application. This polish reminds me of a sparkling Christmas tree, and I love it! Three coats would have worked, but the above photo shows four coats so I could show you the depth of this polish.


Here is a close up of the nail and in the bottle. Don't you love the variation in colors for the glitter?


Somewhere Out There is one of those polishes that looks perfectly stunning on the nails and in the bottle. It is a magenta jelly with gold, orange, and pink metallic glitters - most notably, large holographic circles and half moons. This polish also has sparse bar glitters - you can see one on my middle finger. This polish is so beautiful and elegant for Fall! Since this polish was thinner than the first two, it did have sinking with the larger glitters, but it was easy to shake before applying. Shown above is three coats.


I am so in love with this unique polish. It feels perfect for Thanksgiving!


Last we have Waking Dream, a dark eggplant jelly with red, gold and purple glitters - including bar glitters along with red and holographic silver stars! This was the only polish out of the bunch that required top coat to smooth it out, but I think it looks beautiful without top coat too - it just didn't translate nicely in my photos! The stars sat perfectly on my nails and didn't poke out at the edges, but since they are heavier glitters, they did require giving the bottle a shake before application to get them on the brush.


This polish also has dark blue microglitters, making the polish feel like a beautiful night sky!

I love all of these polishes. Wing Dust is definitely becoming my favorite indie brand. The way that the products are packaged is just beautiful! You can tell these polishes are made and sent with love. I think those kinds of detail are what make a brand feel so special. And, the lovely creator Stephanie decided to give me a discount code to share with my readers! You can use the code NPC20 at checkout for 20% off (!!) your order.

These polishes will be released on November 18th, so watch Wing Dust's Facebook and Etsy store for updates. I recommend the entire collection, but if you only want one, I suggest Muskoka Sunset or Somewhere Out There (my favorites!) International buyers can get Wing Dust at Llarowe.

*These polishes were provided for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.