23 June 2013

Acrylic Watercolor Nails

I saw a crazy new technique that everyone on Instagram has been posting - I don't know who started it, but I first saw it on hannvjk's page. I have no idea what it's called, but it involves acrylic paint mixed with water, so I am calling it acrylic watercolor nails.


The technique is really easy. Mix acrylic paint with water and make irregular drips on your nails. Wait until the outside ring is dry, and take a dry brush and touch the bubble - the water should absorb, leaving this cool ring.

I think this looks awesome, but I only have blue and white acrylic paint, so if I want to try again, I think I'll have to buy some more colors!


Have you heard of this technique? What do you think of it?

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty effect! I really want to try this technique.
    I love that your bubbles are so subtle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool technique! I love the way the blue and white look with the pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen this technique, really cute and gentle with the colours you've picked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.