06 May 2012

Paint Splatter Manicure!

So last night I went to a paint party! (Basically a blacklight party where people throw paint everywhere.)
I decided to try a paint splatter manicure for the first time, using the colors matching my outfit! I started with a base of ORLY "French Tips" to highlight the bright colors. Then I took a straw and dipped them in my polishes and blew through the straw as hard as I could - this was the result.


 ..And here is an awkward photo of my right hand - you can tell which hand I prefer to take photos with!


I really like how it turned out! I thought it would end up being really thick on my nails but one coat of Seche Vite really evened it out and made it look smooth. Best part - they glowed in the blacklight!


The clean up was the worst part. I taped my hands as if I was doing a water marble so I wouldn't make as much of a mess, but it got pretty deep in my cuticles and was impossible to get with a Q tip - I'm going to have to buy a detail brush for manicure clean ups.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.