19 February 2015

Live Love Polish x Floss Gloss: Cool Toned Swatch Spam

Hey guys! I recently got the opportunity to swatch some gorgeous best-selling shades by Floss Gloss from international nail polish retailer Live Love Polish. I decided to split the review into two posts, one for the cool tones, and one for the warm - and today I've got five gorgeous cool toned polishes to share with you!


If you recall, I recently used Floss Gloss in a Valentine's themed nail art look, but this was my first time applying these as a full manicure. And boy, was I impressed! The colors are absolutely gorgeous, and they seem perfect for nail art. I should note that the bottles are a bit smaller than you might be used to - one bottle of Floss Gloss is 5.5mL (for reference, China Glaze is 15mL per bottle.) However, this brand makes up for its size with it's environmental impact - Floss Gloss is 5-free, vegan, and cruelty free! (And you can't deny that the bottles are so cute!) Anyway, let's take a look:


95% Angel is a perfect periwinkle blue creme. Seriously, what a gorgeous color! I think this is a grade shade to have around for nail art, but I would rock this creme all spring and summer! (And even winter!) Shown above is three easy coats with top coat, but it's fully opaque in two.


Wet is a gorgeous bright turquoise creme. Another perfect summer shade! I wanted to leave this color on forever. Again, flawless coverage and perfect opacity. Shown above is two easy coats with top coat.


Glowstar is a super bright, almost-white yellow green creme. This polish really does make your fingertips look like they're glowing! (Disclaimer, this shade is not glow in the dark.) The formula on this one was a bit more sheer than the others, and it was slightly streaky on application, which isn't surprising for such a light and bright creme. Shown above is four coats with top coat.


Moon Baby is a flawless super-light gray creme. Lately I have been obsessed with wearing gray as a full manicure, and this shade is just perfect for me! Plus, it's light enough to be the perfect base for nail art! I absolutely love it. Shown above is three easy coats with top coat.


And finally, we have the super-sparkly Dimepiece, a full coverage silver holographic microglitter. An absolutely gorgeous glitter bomb! Application was a breeze, and I just applied this one like any other polish - no fishing or dabbing required. You can build this polish to full opacity, or layer it over silver to appear full coverage. Or, you can layer it over a darker shade for a dazzling sparkle! Shown above is three easy coats with top coat - just one layer of top coat was enough to smooth out this glitter.

Overall, I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed. I can't wait to use these shades in nail art looks, but I especially love them as full manicures! I honestly can't pick a favorite, because I love all of these!

Floss Gloss is available from Live Love Polish for $8 USD each, and you can use the code INEEDMORENAILPOLISH at checkout for 10% off your first order.

Which of these shades is your favorite? Have you ever tried Floss Gloss?

Some products provided for my honest review.

PRODUCTS USED:
Base: Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus, available here
Polishes: (listed above)
Top: KBShimmer Clearly on Top, available here

16 comments:

  1. Ugh your swatches are flawless. I want all of these (except for dime piece which I already have and love) I just wish they held more ml!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love ALL these shades. Never tried Floss Gloss before, maybe it's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all gorgeous! I too have never tried Floss Gloss before and it's very tempting, loving the bottles as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Floss Gloss before. I must investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to try Floss Gloss but never taken the plunge but the more I see swatches the more I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Victoria - manicuratorFebruary 19, 2015 at 7:59 PM

    Ugh. Perfection!! I have only 3 of these and I need need the others!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, amazing colors! And application is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really do, they're all so creamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely have to try them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely worth a look! I've only heard good things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agreed, I didn't realize how small the bottles were! But they are just so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wet and Dimepiece are my favorites! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really loving Wet! It reminds me of one of my all-time favorites, Barry M Greenberry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.