13 November 2014

Glam Polish Limited Edition Holo Gift Box Review

Hi guys, I have another great holiday gift set to show you today! Glam Polish is offering three different Limited Edition Holo Gift Boxes for the holiday season - today I've got Box #1 to show you!


This box is packed with awesome goodies - four mini nail polishes in exclusive shades, gold tear drop and round holo studs, cuticle balm, and a full size lip balm! Let's take a look at the polishes first:


Oh, I guess I should mention that since these bottles are mini, and I am a lefty, the logo is upside down in my swatches! Haha! Anyway, let's start with The Polar Express, a gorgeous bright blue holo with silver shimmer and flakes. As this was a mini bottle, the brush was a bit more difficult to work with than a regular bottle (as it was with all of these minis!), but I think it still applied nicely. Shown above is two coats with top coat.


Elf is a beautiful shimmery forest green holo with gold and silver shimmer and flakes. This color is just so rich! Shown above is two coats with top coat.


Bad Santa is a berry red holo packed with golden shimmer and flakes. Another stunning holiday appropriate color! I love how rich these shades are, they'll really brighten up any of the dark and dreary weather of winter. Shown above is two coats with top coat.


And finally, we have Nightmare Before Xmas, a gorgeous deep purple holo packed with golden shimmer and flakes. Purple isn't the first color I think of when I imagine the holidays, but this color is just so gorgeous, and I think it fits in beautifully with the other colors. Plus, the color is so unique - nothing like what I have in my collection! Shown above is two coats with top coat.


As I mentioned, this gift set also comes with an assortment of golden tear drop and holo silver round studs. I tried the silver studs out:


Here I paired the silver studs with The Polar Express, and I think they match perfectly! There is a nice amount of each stud in the bag, and they'll make for perfect accents over any of these polishes.

The set also comes with lip balm and cuticle balm:


I'll start with the cuticle balm - it doesn't have a scent (which is almost refreshing, because I can use it any time of year!). It is solid, but it melts pretty easily onto the nail once you start rubbing around in the jar. It seemed to moisturize my hands nicely - it left them a bit greasy at first but soaked in rather quickly. I will definitely be using it this season, as my cuticles always suffer in the cold weather!

The lip balm has an incredible red velvet scent, and I just LOVED smelling it on my lips! It isn't flavored, which is probably a good thing, because I would just lick it off, haha! Anyway, it was also nicely moisturizing and I will definitely be using this during the cold weather, since my lips get pretty dry in the winter as well. Both of these products are going to stay in my purse for on-the-go application!

I think this box is a great mix of products and polishes, and for the price, it's practically a steal! Definitely worth the value, as the products are useful and easy to use - and of course, the polishes are beautiful.

The Limited Holo Gift Box #1 is available from Glam Polish for $23.95 USD. As they are an Australian brand, you might want to read up on their international shipping policy here, or view their list of international stockists here.

What do you think of this gift set?


These products were provided for my honest review.

3 comments:

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.