18 October 2014

Sweet Addictions Subscription Box: November Swatches and Review

Hello everyone! The new Sweet Addictions subscription box will be available a bit early this month, so I've got swatches up today - November's theme is gemstones, so we have three full sized polishes inspired by some gorgeous stones.


And with this month's theme comes two new-to-me indie brands! I was really impressed with the formulas of all of them, and I loved the colors. They are rich and definitely appropriate for fall/winter. There was no little extra this month, but the three polishes are full sized and high quality, so it's still a valuable deal. Let's have an individual look at the colors:


Different Dimension Saphir Rose is a deep pink linear holographic polish with added pink shimmer. This shade was inspired by the pink saphire gemstone. I was really impressed with this polish - although the color is nothing new, I think the formula was really smooth. Slightly thick but easy to apply! Shown above is two easy coats without top coat.


Cupcake Polish Emerald Isle is a stunning forest green linear holographic polish. This shade was inspired by the emerald gemstone. I'm completely in love with this color! It seems completely appropriate for Christmas, as it reminds me of evergreen trees. And of course, the formula was wonderful, as I've come to expect with Cupcake Polish. Shown above is two easy coats without top coat.


Darling Diva Polish Tina the Labradorite is a beautiful medium blue linear holographic polish packed with blue and iridescent flakes. This polish was inspired by the labradorite stone. I love this one! It's definitely unique to my collection with the added flakes - they had an incredible shimmery effect in the light. The formula was slightly thick but easy to apply. Shown above is two easy coats with top coat.

Overall, I am really liking this month's box! If you enjoy holographic polishes in rich, deep colors, you will love it too. This box retails for $30 USD on the Cupcake Polish online shop, and includes the three polishes reviewed above. It will be available starting tomorrow, October 19th.

What do you think of these colors? Which is your favorite?


These polishes were provided for my honest review.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, Please! I want all three! If absolutely forced to pick, though, I like the emerald best. (I have no green holos!) Thanks for the beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mix of color so for the box! There all gorgeous as always too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emerald Isle is absolutely gorgeous!
    And just wondering is there a reason you dont put a pinterest link in your photos? I love pinning your swatches but if I have to copy the image url in order to do it then it doesnt link back to your blog. Also its a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emmi! Thanks for your comment. I actually don't know how to add a Pinterest button to my website, but I'm currently looking to redesign so I will add that to my list of things I need! In the meantime, I do pin all of my swatches and nail art on my own Pinterest boards (with links back to my page) so you could re-pin those for now if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have to agree with you! And now that you mention it, I think this is my only green holo as well! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I didnt think about that. Thanks for the info. I'll find you on pinterest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Emerald Isle is stunning! Such a perfect shade of green <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.