01 June 2014

Cult Cosmetics Blackbox Subscription: Purple, Please! Review and Nail Art

Anyone who has a love for nail polish like mine is always searching for something new and exciting in the nail world, so when I stumbled across this new subscription box by Cult Cosmetics, I just knew I had to try it! Subscription boxes are such a great deal - getting new products sent to your door every month? Sign me up!

So anyway, I stumbled across this "blackbox" subscription by Cult Cosmetics and I fell in love! Basically, for $19.99 per month, you get two full sized nail polishes and a full sized beauty product sent to your door every month. You get to pick your first box, and they have tons of great deals for your first box (you can get one for just $0.01!), and you can buy any of these boxes for a great discount after you've subscribed as well. Just like most subscription boxes, you can skip a month or send it to a friend, if you would like. And, you can purchase discounted products on their website! (More information here.)

Today I'm going to show you a box called "Purple, Please!" which features two polishes, a full sized mascara, and two adorable yoga hair ties. This post is going to be pretty photo heavy, sorry in advance!


Here are the two polishes in the Purple, Please! box. All Cult Cosmetics polishes are 5-free, vegan, and animal friendly.


Cult Dogtown is a stunning cool-toned rich purple shimmer. I could wear this polish all day! Formula was fabulous, you're looking at two easy coats with top coat. The brush that came with this polish was a bit wonky, so I ended up using a clean brush I had to apply this, but the results were worth the effort!


Cult El Porto is a perfect white cream. It's not too gloopy, as white polishes tend to be, and it's opaque and smooth in two coats. It was opaque in just one coat, but there were some small patches, so I added a second (a more careful application could probably make this polish a one coater!) I imagine this white will be great for stamping - I will let you all know when I try it out. Shown above is two coats with top coat.


Could I resist immediately doing some nail art with these polishes? No, I couldn't! I started with a base of Cult El Porto, and with a small paintbrush, I painted on little drips with Cult Dogtown. This was my first time trying a paint drip design, so it's a bit sloppy, but shouldn't paint drips be sloppy anyway? Haha!


I really love how the two finishes come together in this manicure! And look how gorgeous Dogtown looks in the bottle in this photo. Wow!


I also really like the bottles that Cult polishes come in! They fit together nicely for storage, which is always a plus.

This box also came with these adorable purple hair ties:


Aren't they so cute? I almost want to wear them as bracelets, haha!

And of course, the full sized beauty product in this box is a volumizing mascara by bh cosmetics called "Loveable Lash Mascara" in "True Black":


I didn't get a chance to try out this mascara yet, but it looks nice and not clumpy, and it smells great (am I the only one who LOVES the smell of mascara?)

Overall, I think this subscription is a great deal for those of you who love nail polish and beauty products! It's a great mixture of both worlds, and there's nothing better than getting exclusive new products in the mail, right?

You can get the Purple, Please! box for $9.99 USD with a subscription to the Cult Cosmetics blackbox program. Or, you can purchase the polishes without a subscription for $12 USD each on the Cult Cosmetics website.

What do you think of this new sub box? Are you going to try it out?


Products provided for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Great polishes you got in this box. Love the nail art you did with them too. I've heard of this site before but haven't subscribed or got a box. I might have to in the future though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh man, Dogtown is stunning! Totally worth any extra cleanup :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.