19 April 2014

I've Got the Blues for KBShimmer: Swatch Spam

Hi guys! Today I have some random swatches from to show off. I am loving shades of blue lately so I thought I would do a collective post on my untried KBShimmer blues. There are five of them, and they are all currently available to purchase on their online shop.


PS - I decided I like having this little preview of my swatches before my posts, so I'm going to start doing it ;) Let me know what you think!


Watercolor is a sky blue crelly filled with metallic red, pink, purple, blue and silver hex glitters in various sizes. It took three coats for full opacity, but I'm sure most people could get away with two. I love this one! It's so pretty and it reminds me of clear skies. To smooth it out, I topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.


Totally Tubular is a turquoise crelly filled with various glitters, most notably metallic pink and turquoise circle glitters, as well as darker blue hexes in various sizes. Formula, as is expected of KBShimmer, was wonderful. Shown above is three coats topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.


Proud Peacock is this aptly named robins egg blue crelly, filled with purple microglitters, mini silver bar glitters, and large black and blue hex glitters, among a few others. This one really does look like a speckled egg, doesn't it? This polish has a slightly jelly-like consistency, so it doesn't look as opaque on the nail. Shown above is three thin coats, topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.


Don't Teal Anyone is a teal jelly packed with turquoise, fuchsia, and yellow metallic hex glitters in various sizes. I love the color of this one! Shown above is three thin coats, topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.


And finally, we have Shipwreck, a super sheer dusty blue jelly with copper microflakes, and blue, turquoise, and gold hex glitters. I wanted to reach full opacity with this one, but after three coats, I worried that adding more might make the polish a bit thick on my nails. I would recommend pairing this over a similar base color. Shown above is three coats topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top quick dry top coat.

All of the polishes above are available on the KBShimmer online store for $8.75 USD per bottle. Don't forget to follow KBShimmer on Facebook and Instagram for news and updates.

And of course, you can find my Instagram page here, where I will also be posting all of my swatches!


These polishes were provided for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. These are all such pretty blues from KBShimmer! Great swatches and review as always too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and have them all! KBShimmer definitely knows how to make some beautiful polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.