01 December 2014

Glam Polish Mid-Winters Dream Collection Swatches

Wow, can you believe it's December already?! I feel like this year has just flown by! (I feel like I was reviewing spring shades just yesterday! Well, maybe I'm exaggerating. But still!) Anyway, today I have some lovely winter shades for you from Glam Polish, from their new Mid-Winters Dream Collection. I have five of the nine shades to show you! I also got to review their new top coat - read on to hear what I think.


This collection features a variety of shades and finishes, but for my review, I received two of the pastel holos, and three holographic microglitter jellies! These polishes were pretty thick, as is the nature of shimmer heavy polishes, but generally pretty easy to work with. I used Glam Polish Magic Shine Top Coat in all of my swatches below:


We will start with the pale holos - Frost Flower is a gorgeous salmon holo packed with silver glass flecks and iridescent shimmer. I think this color is just so stunning and unique! I wouldn't expect such a pinky shade to be appropriate for cold weather, but Glam Polish knocked this color out of the park. I didn't see much of a holographic shimmer in this shade, though. The polish applied slightly thick, but was easy enough to work with. Shown above is two coats with Magic Shine Top Coat.


Avalanche is an elegant gray holo packed with silver glass flecks and iridescent shimmer. This one definitely had a present holo shimmer! I love the slightly blue undertones of this shade, and I think it's a beautiful winter shade. Again, it was slightly thick, but easy to work - shown above is two coats with Magic Shine Top Coat.


Onto the holo microglitter! Whirlwind is a stunning lavender jelly holo packed with holographic microglitters. I love this effect! This polish was pretty thick and chunky to work with, because it is so glitter packed - but surprisingly, it didn't dry to a rough or textured finish, probably because of the jelly base. Shown above is two coats with Magic Shine Top Coat.


Below Zero is a beautiful bright aqua jelly holo packed with holographic microglitter. Again, this was a sparkly holographic bomb, and I absolutely love it. This is a must have for all you holo lovers! I think this would be perfect to wear all year round. Again, this one was quite thick to work with, but didn't dry textured. Shown above is two careful coats with Magic Shine Top Coat.


And finally, we have Polar Lights, a beautiful forest green holo jelly packed with holographic microglitters. Doesn't this look like a sparkly Christmas tree? I just love this shade of green! As with the other two microglitters, this was pretty thick but not textured. Shown above is two coats with Magic Shine Top Coat.


With the release of this new collection, Glam Polish is now offering their Magic Shine Top Coat, which boasts a 5-free formula and a super glossy finish. I have to say, I was very impressed with this top coat. It's one of those thicker top coats that really leaves your nails looking glossy, and it dried very quickly. This is a perfect top coat for nail art, too.

This is another great bunch of polishes from Glam Polish. My top picks for this collection are Frost Flower and Below Zero, and of course the top coat!

The Mid-Winters Dream Collection and the Magic Shine Top Coat will both be available internationally starting on December 4th from the Glam Polish online shop. The polishes will retail for $12.95 USD each, and the top coat will retail for $7.95 USD. Remember, Glam Polish is an Australian brand, so please check out their international shipping policies here.

What do you think of these polishes?


These polishes were provided for my honest review.

7 comments:

  1. These are all stunning. I especially love Frost Flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty these are. I like the last couple of colors a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow I need the last three and the top coat. The shades on this are so crisp and fresh. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would love those microglitters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it so elegant and pretty?? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the last 4 polishes. Definitely want to order them. Every time I see your reviews I see something I want!!!! I am a nail tech/artist with a polish addiction! I last counted over 3000 bottle of polish! I buy polish everyday! I have probablly only used about 500 of them. However, I love buying entire collections. Thanks for your reviews. I always look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.