28 August 2014

Sweet Addictions Subscription Box: September Swatches and Review

Hello all, I'm back with the next month's Sweet Addictions subscription box! For those of you who don't remember my July and August reviews, the Sweet Addictions is a nail polish subscription box created by Cupcake Polish, with a new theme each month. This month's theme? Marie Antoinette!


This month's box contains three polishes - two full sized, and one mini - in addition to a 2oz sugar scrub! Let's take a look at these pretties individually:


Cupcake Polish Versailles is a gorgeous lavender holographic polish that has pink and purple shimmer. In the bottle, I imagined this would end up looking like a regular purple polish, but it really stunned me on the nails. The lavender color is gorgeous and I haven't seen any holographic polish like it! The formula, as usual, was great. Shown above is two easy coats and top coat.


Pipe Dream Polish Dauphine is a gorgeous nude crelly filled with various shades of blue hex glutter, and even some blue shimmer. The color combination in this polish really impressed me, and I loved all the shades of blue together. No fishing required, but I didn't end up getting any of the darker teal glitters on my nails. Shown above is two easy coats and top coat.


Serum No. 5 Cake Revolution is a glow in the dark, mini nude/beige crelly polish packed with rainbow pastel hexes in various sizes, as well as some darker microglitters. This one really looks like a bite of confetti cake, yum! Since this polish is sheer, I layered it over white - I thought this would help with the glow-in-the-dark factor, but for some reason, I couldn't get my polish to glow at all! When you charge this polish under a lamp or in natural sunlight, it should glow purple. I tried both light sources and nothing! Maybe the top coat reacted with the glow in the dark pigment? I'm not too sure! Anyway, shown above is two thin coats over white, with top coat. This one dried to a slightly gritty finish, as is usual for glow in the dark polishes.


Also by Serum No. 5 is this delicious dark chocolate hazelnut sugar scrub. Oh my gosh, this little scrub smells like heaven! Seriously, every time I take a whiff, I want to eat it. It smells like incredible cookies and hazelnut. Not to mention, it was great on my hands! It's a nice, soft scrub that will leave your hands feeling moisturized (and smelling incredible!). Not too rough, either, so it didn't hurt to scrub my hands together.

This set will be available starting August 31st on the Cupcake Polish website, and it will sell for $30 USD for all of the products you see above. You can also purchase the last two month's boxes. Will you be picking this one up? Don't forget to follow Cupcake Polish on Facebook for news and updates!




These products were sent for my honest review.

1 comment:

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! Please note that all comments with links will be removed.